Thursday, February 19, 2009

A blogging inspiration

I must be hip and modern because I have a blogging hero.

Ok sure, she writes mainly about her kids, and she does so with humour and candidness and an uncanny ability to see the absurdity in life and parenthood in particuler. And yes, she lives in California near enough to the coast that they've made trips to Monterey and other cool spots that I love. And so ok, her kids were also born in China and so I can identify with lots of the issues she mentions in her blog. And sure, she had a really cool title to her blog - Do They Have Salsa in China.

But mainly, she is my hero because she manages to blog regularly. Following along on her posts, it seems like the key to her blogging success is that she does it regularly, so the posts don't carry the weight of getting up to speed on the last several months of family activity (most of which I can't remember since I can barely remember what I had for breakfast)!

Now, after all that, while I'm inspired by her, I also obviously don't have her energy or her talent, so I'm not going to do anything fool hardy like promise to post more regularly. However, I will promise to not write mini-novellas and try to bring ya'll up to speed on the last several months - cause, well, it's boring to read and too daunting a task to accomplish.

On that note, here's a little snippet from the latest activity in our lives - disco night. Not sure how it came about, but it would seem our little one has a penchant for clubbing. So, turn the music up (angry chick rock seems to work best), turn out all the lights, grab the flashlights and start moshing! I should note that I actually managed to strain my calf muscle doing this, although that speaks more to what paltry shape I'm in than the actual rigour of the activity.

Note the mandatory tutu.



Oh ya, and for those of you who may be curious, I have been reunited with a D-80. We've acquired a replacement for the stolen one and to really drive home the 'what the hey' factor, Air Canada actually paid out for almost the whole cost of the new one! I know, unbelievable!

No comments: